News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Glitterrattii Volume - so loud...

Started by kacperpawluk, May 19, 2014, 11:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kacperpawluk

Hi everyone! I just made BB Preamp from Glitterrattii project. It's working but I have some problems with volume. Effect is so loud even when I set volume pot at 1. I just can't set the same overdrive volume as bypass volume. Anyone had this problem? I checked everything and don't have idea what can be wrong. IC1 is JRC4558, IC2 is TL072, and op amps are 2N5088.

gtr2

Double check your resistor values.  You may have mixed one up that would increase the gain on one of the IC's
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

kacperpawluk

I just did that. R16 was 470k not 47k. I changed it but it is still loud. Not so much as it was before and now i can set at 2 or 3 similar volume to bypass volume. Maybe it have to be like that?

gtr2

Yeah, that would do it...

That circuit is how you describe it now.

You could lower R16 more to something like 22k that would be around a gain of 2x instead of 4x.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

kacperpawluk

Thank's a lot for help! I will try it tomorrow with my Marshall Superlead :)

rullywowr

It's a great circuit, love the sound.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

kacperpawluk

I have one more question. What kind of resistors and capacitors are you using to get that thick tone as original one bb have?
I made whiteface rat clone and tried to use the same capacitors and resistors like in original one but at all original still have more bigger tone than clone.