News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Where to get 392k & 422k for Kingslayer / Sunking?

Started by fman7, May 25, 2014, 02:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fman7

Hey,

having trouble sourcing the 392k and 422k resistors for the Kinslayer/Sunking builds.

Can I use 390k and 430k?

thnks

Frank

jubal81

Generally, within 5% is considered irrelevant because that's the tolerance of a typical carbon film resistor. Along those guidelines, those values should be fine.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Stig

I put two in series to get the correct value. Plus it looks funny:-)

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

fman7

Thanks for responses, will go for the series option.

Should have mentioned I'm in Australia, so Mouser etc is out of the question.

thnx

Frank

davent

There's also the parallel option, plug in the desired resistance and the % tolerance - the software spits out every possible pair that meet your parameters.

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-parallel.htm
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Stomptown

If your hung up on the values you can always buy a bunch of 390K and 422K and measure the resistance to find a 392K and a 422K. In this case I would go with carbon film 5% tolerance resistors to make it easier. I tried to do it with 1% metal film and it took a while to find a match. Lie mentioned above, it's not really a big deal...