News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cusack More Louder

Started by AntKnee, May 16, 2014, 07:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

Got asked by a friend if I could build him a More Louder clean boost. I can't find anything on it. Has anyone built one before, or know where a schem might be hiding?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

midwayfair

Just tell your friend you can build him a nice boost with a switchable buffer. Use the Thunderpuss or something like that, and build a simple buffer.

Cusack is a small company that builds good stuff that they actually engineer (or make it obvious when it's a clone), and while $120 might be a lot for a boost, it's not like it's a ridiculous amount of money and they don't make any absurd marketing claims about their stuff.

Besides, it's a tonally-flat BOOST. Why would you need to clone it when there are dozens upon dozens of DIY projects that will do the same thing?

AntKnee

Quote from: midwayfair on May 16, 2014, 07:35:54 PM
Just tell your friend you can build him a nice boost with a switchable buffer. Use the Thunderpuss or something like that, and build a simple buffer.

Cusack is a small company that builds good stuff that they actually engineer (or make it obvious when it's a clone), and while $120 might be a lot for a boost, it's not like it's a ridiculous amount of money and they don't make any absurd marketing claims about their stuff.

Besides, it's a tonally-flat BOOST. Why would you need to clone it when there are dozens upon dozens of DIY projects that will do the same thing?

Thats pretty much my line of thought, also.
Just thought I would check into it.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".