News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NSSLPD!!!!!!11

Started by Clayford, May 17, 2014, 10:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Whoa. I didn't know such a creature existed.  :o
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

flanagan0718

I've seen a couple of these. Working in the music store certainly made that happen a bit easier. Nice score Clayford!! What kind of awesomeness do you intend on shredding? I would take Rej's advice on the pick-ups. The low B does tend to gum up. Some Duncan's or DiMarzio's should do the trick.

Clayford

Quote from: flanagan0718 on May 19, 2014, 12:54:49 PM
I've seen a couple of these. Working in the music store certainly made that happen a bit easier. Nice score Clayford!! What kind of awesomeness do you intend on shredding? I would take Rej's advice on the pick-ups. The low B does tend to gum up. Some Duncan's or DiMarzio's should do the trick.

Quote from: Clayford on May 19, 2014, 02:22:15 AM
As an aside, I have ordered a set of ZEBRA Crunch Lab and Liquifires to go in this beauty. This will be a classy looking guitar that will push tubes into singing.

I've yet to hear a stock 7/8 string pup that qualified as ok, unless you're getting into $2k+ models, even then it's a crap shoot, and you have to hope it doesn't come routed for those god awful EMG soapbars. Mr. Duncan however has solved that problem for us. Even $60 hexbuckers are an improvement over most stock 7 pups. I don't normally like DiMarzios but they nailed it just right with the CL/LF for me. Kinda like a JB and a Jazz or a JB and a '59 for a 6 string.

CL/LF 7's in Zebra(gonna keep it classy, and hide the thrashy) are ordered and on the way as of Monday. What am I shredding? Mostly originals, though God of Thunder and NIB *do* sound pretty effin awesome all the way down on a B, not that KISS or Sabbath ever needed help being heavy...

Off to play in the woods! See some rocks and falls.

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

jkokura

I'd love to play one of those old 7 string Jazz boxes. What's really interesting is that 7 strings were super popular back in the 50's and 60's for Jazz players, and then they sorta died out for a while before being resurrected by Korn and the like.

Never really played one, but since Metal isn't my thing, I've never seen a 7 string guitar I might own, including that Epi. But I bet it's lots of fun.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals