News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nashville Skyline

Started by Droogie, May 12, 2014, 03:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droogie

I wanted to make a multi-pedal to play some country stuff through and went through a lot of different options as to how to best capture that sound. Originally thought of using a treble boost in the first spot, but that was before I built a Kingslayer. Needless to say, that fulfilled my needs for clean/treble boost in spades! I followed that with compressor, TS, trem, delay and verb.

First up is Pickdropper's MiniTaur—sound fantastic (especially after putting the correct IC's where they're supposed to go  ::)). Next is Plesur's Compulator board—good sounding comp and the right size. The rest are all Pickdropper boards: Mini Screamer with all options, Delirium Tremolo, Mini Blue Delay (SMD) and Hall Spawn (SMD) which is wired "always on".

Since I built most of the circuits before deciding what to use in this project, the board mounted pots result in less than optimal configuration. Since it's just for me, I don't mind too much. I'll change all the knobs to the smaller Davies style when I place my next parts order. The one thing I really wish I'd done differently is move the DC jack to the opposite side—it's a bit awkward with the In jack as I use mostly L plugs on my cables.

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

thesameage

Nice. Holy crap is that a tight build!

pickdropper

Awesome!

How is it stepping on the footswitches?  I might have issues with my giant feet on that.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gjcamann

Quote from: pickdropper on May 12, 2014, 04:26:48 PM
Awesome!

How is it stepping on the footswitches?  I might have issues with my giant feet on that.

You're supposed to wear pointy cowboy boots when you play this. It's country afterall.

Droogie

Quote from: gjcamann on May 12, 2014, 04:31:28 PM
Awesome!

You're supposed to wear pointy cowboy boots when you play this. It's country afterall.

Zappos here I come!

rullywowr

Quote from: gjcamann on May 12, 2014, 04:31:28 PM
Awesome!

+1!

Wow, that is a lot of circuits to cram in one box.  Well played!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jubal81

No substitute for having the right tool for the job and just like you want it. I know wiring this was a bear. Great job!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

m-Kresol

This looks really tight, but clean. I kinda like the input on the side and the output on the back. Not something you see every day.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Droogie

Thanks for the kind words, guys!
Quote from: m-Kresol on May 12, 2014, 06:06:29 PM
This looks really tight, but clean. I kinda like the input on the side and the output on the back. Not something you see every day.
It was really the only way I knew to make it all fit. I actually still have to grind out the section of the box lip where the output jack is since it's so close to the top. It turns out to be a very convenient configuration for a multi—I may do it on future builds—but not out of sheer necessity!

lincolnic

Looks like there's room for at least one Peep in there, too. Awesome work.

davent

I like that less then optimal, chaotic/random arrangement of the pots and the larger knobs as opposed to the small Davies... anyways...

Great, great  job, you put a ton of time and sweat into that!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Leevibe

Wow Andrew! When I read the description and saw the first pic I was expecting spaghetti for guts. You did a very admirable job of organizing the interior! I'm way impressed. Nice job.

alanp

Intensely busy! Pretty cool :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website