News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Demo Tape Fuzz

Started by televisiondown, May 10, 2014, 03:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

televisiondown

This is a Mid-Fi Electronics Demo Tape Fuzz built on veroboard using the layout from Tagboard Effects. The box is a Robot Sparkle 1590B from Mammoth Electronics. Stamps are Stazon and I actually found that little cassette tape stamp in the $1 bin at Michael's yesterday. The video demos are accurate...this is a cool sounding fuzz with a great tone control. It really goes from Jesus and Mary Chain to Neutral Milk Hotel!

On a side note; I learned to make sure I know which side of an electrolytic cap is labeled on a layout and which end should not be linked to 9v. POW! I had to go back and swap out some electrolytics from other builds. Now I feel safe and very happy to have such amazing circuits built.
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

catfud

Nice build - i particularly like the use of the ink and stamps - do you clearcoat after doing the ink stamps?

selfdestroyer

Great job Kris, I love your use of stamps. I have also popped my fair share of electros over the years haha. I build Madbeans PCB layout of this circuit and love it also. Its a very cool sounding fuzz and I think the bands you described hit the nail on the head. I have also been able to nail some of the old Black Flag sounds with this pedal.

Cody

Mich P

Great build of that nice sounding circuit
Recommanded !
Mich P.

mmlee

Love that little tape stamp, looks cute, heh.

Mine's just in a plain sanded box at the moment, and built from the same layout.  It really love mine, I've been listening to loads of Pavement since it was built.

Great job once again.
>Marcus

televisiondown

Thanks! I'm really happy with how this turned out. I haven't been clear coating after the stamps. I think the Stazon ink is supposed to be pretty durable.
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

Kinki fuzz

Looks great, I think I need some stamps...

Enviado desde mi HTC One SV mediante Tapatalk