News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer

Started by Kinki fuzz, May 05, 2014, 01:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinki fuzz

Here's my Kingslayer, not much new to say here, this is one of the best overdrives you can build.

m-Kresol

I'm a fan of GoT --> awesome pedal.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

bcalla

Kinki fuzz

Quote from: m-Kresol on May 05, 2014, 04:33:39 PM
I'm a fan of GoT --> awesome pedal.
Yeah, me too, the books, the tv series, I'm a little obsessed, so the lion was a must, it should have been blood red, though
:-)

Enviado desde mi HTC One SV mediante Tapatalk

MarcFive

That looks awesome. I'm new to building, so I got dumb questions... I like your indicator lights, I'm
curious about the little board though. Is it lamp protection and some sort of pulse thing going on? Or
is that just holding a resistor for the LED and the rest is add'l clipping?

Glad to hear you like the pedal , was going to build it, ordered the parts but forgot to get the board and then it got superseded >:(, so, I got the new board and just ordered the the new spec parts. ;D Can't wait to hear it.

Kinki fuzz

Quote from: MarcFive on May 07, 2014, 03:24:32 AM
That looks awesome. I'm new to building, so I got dumb questions... I like your indicator lights, I'm
curious about the little board though. Is it lamp protection and some sort of pulse thing going on? Or
is that just holding a resistor for the LED and the rest is add'l clipping?

Glad to hear you like the pedal , was going to build it, ordered the parts but forgot to get the board and then it got superseded >:(, so, I got the new board and just ordered the the new spec parts. ;D Can't wait to hear it.
The small board is a millennium 2 bypass, so I can use de 2PDT switch and have both Led indication and for true bypass. I'd rather use de usual 3PDT, but I got some old  2PDT that I want to use. Check the millennium here.
http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/millenium/millen.htm

I forgot to comment, I have used the true bypass option in the build, not the buffer.
The pedal itself is great, you won't regret building it, yesterday I was playing through it with different guitars, and hell, is it good!.

Enviado desde mi HTC One SV mediante Tapatalk

MarcFive

Funny how you can look at something and not see it. Guess my eyes were occupied with the little board.
Hmm, wonder what I'm missing when I'm checking out the hot girl in the room... Anyway checked out
the millennium bypass board, thank you for the info, it never dawned on me the how, of how my original Rat was bypassed. Now to figure out why, never mind...just figured out what the opto-tron board does...does what the millennium does with a different component than the JFET.

Almost makes me want to order some DPDT's just to wire up a pedal differently. Almost.

Thanks,
Marc