News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lo-Fi Loop Junky

Started by petesz, June 14, 2011, 10:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesz

night-B

I already posted that request and the answer was that the original IC is hard to find... Maybe the situation has evolved! I'd like to build one too   ;)

bigmufffuzzwizz

The second bullet on the GGG page says it as it is.
"Based on 20 second voice recorder chip, Winbond ISD1000A - Why, because I had one. Although they are obsolete, some RadioShack stores still have them (276-1325) in their discount bins."
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

petesz

Edit: Sorry that link didnt work.
Search the Smallbear website for "ISD". it comes up with:
IC ISD1020AP
20-seconds of record and playback on a 28-pin DIP, for custom loopers. Uses socket SKU #0709
PRICE: $12.50     Shipping Wt. 0.1 oz

Sounds like it would do the right thing?

petesz

Checking out the datasheet it looks as if the ISD1020AP is a substitute for the ISD1000A.

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/87043/ETC/ISD1020AP.html

bigmufffuzzwizz

Seems like you got a source! Are you considering etching one or is the goal for a new redesigned layout?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

petesz

I really want to build one, a new layout would rule though. might look into it more after exams.

PLAINCLOTHESMAN

someone designed a pedal called the payback, that i believe uses updated chips. i may have a schematic laying around somewhere. I'm completely lost by it. but maybe you guys could make sense of it.

jimmybjj

Quote from: PLAINCLOTHESMAN on June 17, 2011, 05:41:00 PM
someone designed a pedal called the payback, that i believe uses updated chips. i may have a schematic laying around somewhere. I'm completely lost by it. but maybe you guys could make sense of it.

http://tech.thetonegod.com/payback/payback.html

I think this is even harder to find.
Pcbs no longer available

madbean

My layout for the Mobius is already done and was etched some time ago. It's one of the projects I hope to build up this week.

petesz

oh wow! sweeeeeeet!! you rule bean  :P