Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

RESPECT. Good Job, Cusack

Started by midwayfair, April 29, 2014, 01:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: DutchMF on April 29, 2014, 04:18:49 PM
Quote from: eldanko on April 29, 2014, 01:33:34 PM
I found myself just as impressed with the fact that he fit 5 chicken head knobs on the thing. I can barely fit 2 or 3 on my builds without them knocking into each other...

I don't want to take away any awesomeness from this (because it is freakin' awesome!!!), but the chickenhead knobs do stick their heads out over the edge of the enclosure. Might have used a slightly bigger one with the same footprint. And yes, gutshots would put us all to shame........ Cool stuff!

Paul

This for me, too.  I love everything about it except the chickenheads.  Fitting them on is impressive, but I think it would've looked better and been more functional with different knobs.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Clayford

open it up and the only TH part is the PT2339 I bet. or are there SMDs of that
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

davent

Found this image of a Fabecho for the smd pt2399.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

pickdropper

The SMT version of the chip is the PT2399S.  I've used it on a couple of layouts without issue.

I was actually going to guess that the Cusack used a DSP chip, but I have no idea, really.
Function f(x)

midwayfair

Quote from: pickdropper on April 29, 2014, 05:41:12 PM
I was actually going to guess that the Cusack used a DSP chip, but I have no idea, really.

Nah, it's only 750mS and they say it's really noisy and dirty. Sure sounds like a PT2399 to me.

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on April 29, 2014, 05:58:04 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on April 29, 2014, 05:41:12 PM

Nah, it's only 750mS and they say it's really noisy and dirty. Sure sounds like a PT2399 to me.

Yeah, I didn't read that part.  I'm sure you're right.
Function f(x)