News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

King of clone noise HELP!! :)

Started by Alaboogie, April 21, 2014, 03:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaboogie

Hey all, I've built aions cerulean build 2x and I've put them into one box. It sounds great! Only problem I have is the noise floor it has when both are engaged at the same time. It's not major by any means but I have someone interested in it and I'd rather them not have to deal with noise (don't think they'd be interested in it...). I thought it was the optional diodes that you can put in them but I took out the high gain side and the noise is still there a little.

I know noise is inherent in some distortion/od pedals, but I was wondering if there was anything I can do to this circuit to eliminate some of the noise...

Here's some gut shots and any help would be really appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aion

Is there a noise floor that's independent of the gain level, or is it just the cumulative gain effect? I've never done a 2-in-1 with the Cerulean, but the next thing I'd look at is using shielded wires for the signal path. It's a pain for sure, but I'd want to treat it like it was a Riot or a Dr. Boogie and take precautions with the wiring.

Killer build, by the way!

Alaboogie

Thanks Aion! I love your boards they're probably my favorite (other than madbeans :p haha) they're so flexible with custom options.

As far as gain it's pretty much the same regardless of gain level. I mean the noise still goes up when the gain is dimed but it has noise when gain is all the way down and for some reason it's only the output side of the effect. It's weird because both sides are exactly the same components excluding the optional diodes but I took out the diodes and still noise. If that side is the only side on, the noise is still there. I will look into shielding the wires and see how that works, thanks so much for the input!