News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wah questions

Started by mattlee0037, April 26, 2014, 12:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattlee0037

Prymaxe Vintage just posted a video of the Real McCoy RMC5 wizard wah and it sounds AWESOME. Not too bassy, nice vocal midrange, no shrill top end, and a very nice sweep it sounds like. Can the weener wah do this? I know there's a few wah PCB's available, the weener sounds a little 'classic' from the demo I heard. Can it be modded to sound more like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLrP-UdpVSs or is there a PCB that does this well?

jimilee

Rej has one, it's supposed to be a wizard clone. I ordered a board, so we will see.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mattlee0037

Oh yay  ;D If you do a build report you should write a tad about how it compares to the weener... because I saw your weener.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Clayford

Funny that a brand name of the Real McCoy makes wah's that sound nothing like a "real McCoy"
Bad ass demo, and yeah I'd put good money on Rej's board being close enough. I'm willing to bet his custom inductor doesn't hurt either. Maybe a whipple type.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded