News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Road Rage for a beginner

Started by PaxWorks, April 02, 2011, 04:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaxWorks

I'm  still a noob at this so I need some help.
I want to build a road rage for a friend of mine so he can run his Fullton Fulldrive at 18v for more headroom.
I just ordered the board last night, now I need know all the parts I need. I printed out the pdf for it. I was wondering about the wiring and what specific things need to be done so I can run it just for 18v on for one pedal. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

jkokura

I would suggest adding all the parts at this point in time. I think you'll need several 1N4001 diodes, several 10uF caps, a 47uF Cap and a charge pump. I also recommend using a socket for your charge pump. You will not need a regulator, and you can leave that part out.

You need to connect your 9V in wire to one of the two 9V pads directly below the charge pump. Your ground wire can connect to either of the two ground pats, and your full drive power should connect to the pad marked ~18V on the right side of the PCB. A good idea would be to connect a ground and power wire from the one side to 9V, and a ground and power wire to the 18V side. If you're putting this in a small enclosure, that would be two DC Jacks. If you're installing this directly inside a pedal like the fulldrive, you may just need to attach the three wires and leave out one of the ground wires.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals