News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 in 1

Started by Matt, April 07, 2014, 03:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

I've been itching to build a 2 in 1 for a while now, I just couldn't decide on which one.  Finally, I settled on one.  It's an Octavia into a Fuzz Face. 

I'm running the Octavia at 18v through a charge pump seems to make it a bit less fuzzy.  I still set the drive pretty low.  I did use the 42TU011 transformer.  It's bigger but the octave is more pronounced.

On the Fuzz Face I used a BC109 for Q1 and an AC127 for Q2.  This combo just really sounds amazing to me, really cleans up nicely.  I tried 2 small layouts for the fuzz face but both were very good transistor radios (not what I was going for) so I gave up and spread everything out.

I really need a drill press, the LEDs are off and it bothers me every time I look at it. 
Matt

nzCdog

nice combo! and cool build! :D
fwiw even using a drill press you can easily drill off centre... use a centre punch and increment the hole sizes upwards gradually (stepper bits are handy) 

QuoteI tried 2 small layouts for the fuzz face but both were very good transistor radios (not what I was going for) so I gave up and spread everything out.
lol, sounds like another project altogether ;)

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Leevibe

Matt

Quote from: nzCdog on April 07, 2014, 04:19:31 AM
nice combo! and cool build! :D
fwiw even using a drill press you can easily drill off centre... use a centre punch and increment the hole sizes upwards gradually (stepper bits are handy) 

QuoteI tried 2 small layouts for the fuzz face but both were very good transistor radios (not what I was going for) so I gave up and spread everything out.
lol, sounds like another project altogether ;)
I have a verified layout if anyone is looking😎. The punch sounds like a good idea. I'll have to get one before my next build.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Matt