News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Back on the building site (Madbean and AlanP content)

Started by LaceSensor, May 09, 2014, 09:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Quote from: LaceSensor on May 10, 2014, 12:11:59 AM
Quote from: juansolo on May 09, 2014, 06:54:42 PM
Very cool. I'm building a PB shortly and am liking the look of that blend...

Cool! Do it!
Note I used a b100k whereas schem called for b50k

Is it better with the 100k or the 50k?
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

LaceSensor

B100k worked great for me, i didn't even try 50k tbh...

Guybrush

Great builds man. Really hope to hear the stuff you've built for Everything Everything on their new tracks.

Quote from: LaceSensor on May 09, 2014, 09:58:31 AM
Next up is a revised layout of the Lovetone Wobulator clone, based on AlanP tremopanation 1.0 board
The first one I made I did landscape, and had ticking issues due to proximity of the rate jack to the input.

Ahh... This might explain why my tremolo build didn't tick when hooked up to my test rig but started ticking a little when boxed up. Is the general rule to keep rate pots away from the input jack then?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

alanp

More generally is to keep control signal away from audio signal.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

LaceSensor

Quote from: Guybrush on May 11, 2014, 04:02:21 AM
Great builds man. Really hope to hear the stuff you've built for Everything Everything on their new tracks.

Quote from: LaceSensor on May 09, 2014, 09:58:31 AM
Next up is a revised layout of the Lovetone Wobulator clone, based on AlanP tremopanation 1.0 board
The first one I made I did landscape, and had ticking issues due to proximity of the rate jack to the input.

Ahh... This might explain why my tremolo build didn't tick when hooked up to my test rig but started ticking a little when boxed up. Is the general rule to keep rate pots away from the input jack then?

Yeah probably. Keep the CV away from audio as Alan says,

Shielded cable is a good measure to take, just incase.

Regards the EE stuff, they are using them on demos at present, used the mammoth clone on a synth and loved it apparently. Guys have had a couple of klon clones from me for about 6 months that were used on the last live tour. Pretty cool!

Guybrush

Cheers guys. Good advice.

Looking forward to hearing the new EE stuff!

sonarchotic

Great looking builds! I recently built a Pork Barrel and just added the Tone Pad mods which included the switch for the cap to make it a ce2b bass chorus and the clean blend the ce2b had. If you compare the ce2 and ce2b schematics you'll see it's pretty easy to just add the blend pot back in to the Pork Barrel.

raulduke