News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fixing a DD20

Started by warriorpoet, April 05, 2014, 01:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warriorpoet

Wrestling with this booger.  2 of the 10uF caps were bad, so I replaced them with tantalums so the guy doesn't have to worry about 'em any more. It's up and running with one strange exception: output A (mono) passes dry signal but no delay.  Any ideas?
Mzo.FX, Owner

rullywowr

Congrats man. There is a special mode on the DD20 where you can set one output for dry signal so it's hopefully just on that mode.

Not to be a douche, but IMHO you are better off replacing the caps with high quality electros. Tantalums are not well know for their robustness over long the long term. They have great specs but a high failure rate. Glad you got it going!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

warriorpoet

I hear you, rully.  My experience with Tantalums is they're more reliable down here in the humid.  There's a "break in" period where one or two may fail, but after that no worries.  Nothing to dry out :)

I tried that mode, but that wasn't it.  Crazy thing is, there's no delay from the chip (audio probe) to the mono out.  It makes me think there's something going on in that big black box...
Mzo.FX, Owner

rullywowr

You tried this? (copied from a forum). Just select the output mode. in Mode 2 or 4 it can be set to have just wet signal coming out. You select it by being powered off holding switch one down while you power it on. Then use the select button to select if you want -10 or +4. Plug into output 2 on the back.

Hope this helps. This gives just the wet signal.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!