News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Meerkat Fuzz

Started by Jakes Dad, March 23, 2014, 04:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

Another product of surfing the Group Buy board - Black Horse's Meerkat Fuzz.  Straight up build in another Mammoth pre-finished box with Small Bear knobs - these are becoming my favorites.  This box is the third I've tried using a countersink to give the LED a recessed bezel look - this one is just about right.

Chuck

rullywowr

Diggin' it!  Green is my favorite color.  Nicely executed!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

electricb

Just saw this - looks great! What do you think of the circuit. I sold my build, but I miss it and am thinking of putting together another one. The Roger Mayer stuff is simple, but underrated in my opinion.

nzCdog

Very tidy, love the colour too  :)

billstein

Nice build. That color always seems to work.  :D

Jakes Dad

Quote from: electricb on April 01, 2014, 05:27:26 PM
Just saw this - looks great! What do you think of the circuit. I sold my build, but I miss it and am thinking of putting together another one. The Roger Mayer stuff is simple, but underrated in my opinion.

It was an easy build.  The sound is darker and smoother than my more transistor heavy fuzzes and way more controllable compared to my Fuzz Faces and Burns Buzz-a-round clone.  It won't displace my Guitar PCB DSOTM but it has its own special nitch.

Chuck

Bret608

I've had Mayer's Mongoose for about nine years now. Still love it, although I don't use it as much as I should since so many other fuzzes make their way into and out of my life. But I don't think I can go without having  a purple spaceship in my life either!  :) I'm glad to see there are DIY versions of some of these great circuits. I understand he based this on the vintage Rat, but it's definitely a cut above sound-wise. Anyway, cool-looking build!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.