News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

IG-88

Started by diablochris6, April 04, 2014, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

BEEP BOOP.
Greetings, hu-mans.  Self presents to you the IG-88 pedal, based off of Death By Audio's Robot.
There are two modifications: 1. The GAIN is mounted on the enclosure for easy access. 2. A switch is added to include the HT8950's vibrato function to your current setting.

This was self's first PCB design, and all potentiometers are board mounted. The GAIN increases CCW. The CTRL is lost as the knob is turned CCW.
Due to a glitch in self's ETCH PROGRAM, the etch was unsatisfactory. Self had to initiate EMERGENCY BACKUP SHARPIE PROGRAM to fill in the gaps.

Due to miscalculation, the 1/4" jacks would not fit inside the enclosure. Self deactivated the DRILLING SAFETY PROTOCOLS to find a solution.

The result is a translator between your guitar and self's language.

Self has one more PCB with the HT8950 IC for sale if anybody is interested.  $13, including shipping. First person to PM self gets it.

Since self taught you the language of the robots, can you teach self how to feel? BEEP BOOP.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

rullywowr

Your first layout?  Looks great, "self" :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

diablochris6

Thanks.  I enjoy the puzzle-like nature of designing PCBs.  Granted, some of them aren't very original (I am deeply indebted to Madbean for my Wampler Paisley Drive design), but it helps me learn the process a little better. I already slimmed this PCB a hair, so it might fit a 125B horizontally. If I was motivated, I could fix that backwards gain pot...

In case anybody is interested in the PCB that I have for sale, I also have a BOM and build doc that I can send your way.

diablochris6

And the extra PCB is sold!

lincolnic

Dude. Not only does this look great, but it's named after IG-88? Sold.

If you ever make more PCBs of this (or put it up as an Osh Park project), I want one.

enjoyadrian

yeah id love a pcb of this as well

diablochris6

Thanks for the compliments. When I get my BOM uploaded, I will post the project in the Eagle section of the forum.

the3secondrule

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

nzCdog

haha... I have soooo been there with the drilling incident.
Still looks sweet from the top, and nice layout  ;D