News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Trem-o-phase and Even More Bacon

Started by juansolo, April 04, 2014, 05:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Trem-o-phase
This is my old Madbean Quadrovibe re-housed alongside a Tonepad Ross Phaser (similar to a EHX Small Stone phaser) clone with additional 4 stage daughter board. Mainly because I love the Quadrovibe and Rej demoed a trem into a phaser recently and it sounded really cool.

Liking the Ross, it's a little different and the extra stages create a really cool effect. You can create some weird and wonderful sounds with the pair on together too.

Even More Bacon
A Mid-Fi Demo Tape Fuzz clone built on a Madbean layout, etched by Haberdasher. This is a really fresh fuzz from Mid-Fi.Whom I have huge respect for as he does things a little differently to everyone else.

This fuzz is really unique, it's the way the fuzz is slightly chaotic at times, but it's always defined and just sounds so damned good. I really rate this one.

This is the More Bacon enclosure recycled with the same decal and a couple more holes. The Spitfire is destined for other things...

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GrindCustoms

That Trem-O-Phase is a beauty.... ....i got to build my self one now! :)

Bacon and Boobs, can't get any better than that!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jubal81

Fantastic stuff. How would you say the Ross compares to the Maestro? Oh, and any plans for a demo? These are two I'd love to hear.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

juansolo

I prefer the Maestro. it's still the daddy. But I'm also happy that the Ross is different and cool. It'd have been a bit of a let down if it sounded similar. I really like what the daughter board adds too. It kinda layers the extra stages on there, a bit like ghost on the ZPDLX. Would like to build one with a rotary and LOTS of daughter boards that you can add in a click at a time...

Might get a little dem recorded at some point. Got another mini-multi to build Sunday so might get a chance next week.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings