News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Azabache Verde

Started by Droogie, March 24, 2014, 08:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droogie

I got this board on the forum a while back, from someone other than the designer, who I believe is Jubal. Definitely a nice circuit—still playing around with it. Seems to be quite a bit different than the Black 65 even though they are both takes on Fender amps. The box is from PPP—reminds me a little bit of my first electric guitar, a two-tone smoke green/mint green early 60's Gretcsh Anniversary (in natural light it appears darker). Didn't have mint green knobs though.... 

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

midwayfair

Nice color combo.

I don't know how you keep track of the knobs on the ones you build. :P

rullywowr

Looks great, Droogie!   I like the color scheme and nice job with the wiring too.  For the larger hole around the LED...I'd say you can probably tighten that up with a bezel.  I'd be glad to send you a few if you don't have any...just hit me up.  That Lumberg jack looks sexy too!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Droogie

Quote from: midwayfair on March 24, 2014, 08:11:18 PM
Nice color combo.

I don't know how you keep track of the knobs on the ones you build. :P

Especially with ODs, it's pretty easy to remember—either VGT, or GTV in this case. If I get serious enough to put something on the board, I'll likely label it. And btw, this with the Cardinal is really fantastic!

Quote from: rullywowr on March 24, 2014, 08:12:35 PM
Looks great, Droogie!   I like the color scheme and nice job with the wiring too.  For the larger hole around the LED...I'd say you can probably tighten that up with a bezel.  I'd be glad to send you a few if you don't have any...just hit me up.  That Lumberg jack looks sexy too!

I have plenty of bezels, I'm just going through a phase of not using them (you do have to be more precise with the olde drille). I might poke around in the craft store to find something to tighten up the LED situation.

lincolnic

I really like the color of that enclosure - do you remember the name PPP uses for it?

Droogie

Quote from: lincolnic on March 25, 2014, 04:18:39 AM
I really like the color of that enclosure - do you remember the name PPP uses for it?

Had to look it up—OBD Green. No idea what OBD stands for...

midwayfair

Quote from: Droogie on March 25, 2014, 12:13:37 PM

Ole Birdie Dastardly.

slimtriggers

I think those knobs look good with the green.

OBD Green is probably a misprint.  Prismatic Powders offers a color called ODB green that's described as "sage green with very faint dark green specks"

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on March 25, 2014, 12:37:04 PM

Ole Birdie Dastardly.

I see what Wu did there.

Nice built, btw.  :-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Droogie

lincolnic

Huh, I actually have a pedal in one of these enclosures already...no wonder I liked it!

Bret608

Me too! My Cosmopolitan. Still one of my favorite of the basic colors. Your build looks really cool.

peAk

I too like the color combination