News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hmmmm...that's weird

Started by flanagan0718, March 24, 2014, 07:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Thought this was kinda weird. It's that back plate of a 125b next to a 1590a from tayda. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddyfox

It's been mentioned here a few times. I haven't seen it myself but there's been several sightings.

Govmnt_Lacky

Ooooppss  ::)

Looks like someone was having a bit too much to dring while working the stamping machine!  ;)

rullywowr

Just makes it even more rare and full of "teh mojo toanz" when someone cracks it open in 15 years...

Or more likely...another case of Tayda schlepping b-stock, overruns, factory errors, etc.etc...   8)

I have ordered a lot of stuff from Tayda in the past however with BLMS pricing on enclosures being lower than Tayda (even after 15% off)...it makes it a no brainer to get enclosures/switches from BLMS.  I still like Tayda's right angle 16mm pots and some of their ICs however.  For the rest...Mouser/Digkey/Newark/Smallbear.  I'm not affiliated with BLMS but really enjoy Lawrence's excellent service and fast shipping!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

flanagan0718

Quote from: rullywowr on March 24, 2014, 08:06:14 PM
Just makes it even more rare and full of "teh mojo toanz" when someone cracks it open in 15 years...

Or more likely...another case of Tayda schlepping b-stock, overruns, factory errors, etc.etc...   8)

I have ordered a lot of stuff from Tayda in the past however with BLMS pricing on enclosures being lower than Tayda (even after 15% off)...it makes it a no brainer to get enclosures/switches from BLMS.  I still like Tayda's right angle 16mm pots and some of their ICs however.  For the rest...Mouser/Digkey/Newark/Smallbear.  I'm not affiliated with BLMS but really enjoy Lawrence's excellent service and fast shipping!

That certainly makes sense. These are the last of my Tayda enclosure stock.  ;)

muddyfox

I for one have no beef with Tayda in that regard. Shipping from USA is prohibitively expensive (with all the shipping and taxes and customs duties) and Tayda enclosures are actually quite decent quality. I've probably bought 50 so far and I've yet to receive one that's really gouged or mangled in any way that a little elbow grease and some sandpaper didn't fix in ten minutes. At all the extra crap I need to pay, I could probably only get 10ish from BLMS and such.
On the flipside, our very own Stevie does really fine work powdercoating enclosures (when his dayjob allows him) and I'll be giving him more and more of my business in the future.

flanagan0718

This isn't a big deal by any means and I have no beef with Taday's enclosures. It just turns out I only need enclosures and switches. Figured I'd try BLMS. I'll probably still get enclosures from them when I place an order with other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rullywowr

Quote from: muddyfox on March 24, 2014, 09:01:05 PM

I for one have no beef with Tayda in that regard. Shipping from USA is prohibitively expensive (with all the shipping and taxes and customs duties) and Tayda enclosures are actually quite decent quality. I've probably bought 50 so far and I've yet to receive one that's really gouged or mangled in any way that a little elbow grease and some sandpaper didn't fix in ten minutes. At all the extra crap I need to pay, I could probably only get 10ish from BLMS and such.
On the flipside, our very own Stevie does really fine work powdercoating enclosures (when his dayjob allows him) and I'll be giving him more and more of my business in the future.

That makes total sense for our brethren outside 'Murica.  For EU customers especially.  Stevie does do awesome work in the powdercoating department!  I really have no beef with Tayda, it just seems the longer I order from them....the more clarity I seen in the deals available from other reputable sellers.  If you order resistors or caps from other sellers in 100+ quantities, the Tayda price suddenly doesn't seem so attractive anymore.   Add on the fact that if you order from Mouser/Digikey/Newark/Smallbear/Farnell/etc...you know you won't be getting a fake of anything.   :)  Tayda's enclosures have been fine...no issues.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!