News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Couple of none madbeans

Started by juansolo, January 30, 2012, 10:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Thought I'd post these up becuase I just find both of these very cool.

First is the wobble box. Made out of old bits of hifi and recycled pedal bits (the enclousure has been at least two other effects). I can't believe I've waited so long to build one of these! Makes testing circuits a complete doddle.

I've also made another Alice. They're a pedal of mass destruction basically. It's an Uglyface+LFO into a EA Tremolo into a Rebote delay. Capable of some insane noises and mostly useless but great fun.

I'm actually going to bite the bullet and make one of these for me. It's just too much of a giggle not to. Though it'll be my UF reboxed, a double flush and a rebote. Should work nicely :)

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

rps-10

Wow that Alice pedal looks amazing! Is it your own idea or lifted from some other inspiration?
bet it saves on the pedal board real estate  ;D

juansolo

Quote from: rps-10 on January 30, 2012, 01:51:15 PM
Wow that Alice pedal looks amazing! Is it your own idea or lifted from some other inspiration?
bet it saves on the pedal board real estate  ;D

Can't claim credit for the idea, saw it done first here:

I just didn't go with the envelope filter, I went with a delay on the back instead. Also I went with the LFO mod to the UF. So mine is quite different, but no less bonkers.

rps-10

nzCdog

Very cool... you're a a bona fide vero ninja!
I have a testing rig almost exactly the same as yours... those hifi connectors are great

chip46

Awesome stuff. What size enclosure is the Alice? I'm guessing 1590DD?

Just curious. I wouldn't mind building something with 4 effects and it looks like that enclosure can accommodate 4 footswitches nicely.

jkokura

Yeah, it'll be a 1590DD. The 1590D is the same size and deeper.

Based on my experience, I wouldn't put more than 4 switches in there. I don't know of a larger enclosure of easy depth and use for pedal building. You could have something custom made if you wanted something bigger.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

juansolo

Yeah it's big. That one is about 67mm deep. You can get one that's about 35mm but oddly they're more expensive. For this I wanted the extra space.

tagwap

Juansolo that multi effects looks amazing. I'd love to build one similar myself and was wondering if you might have some advice for specific questions at this thread i just started:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3803.0

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

rps-10

Quote from: juansolo on January 30, 2012, 10:07:33 AM

I've also made another Alice. They're a pedal of mass destruction basically. It's an Uglyface+LFO into a EA Tremolo into a Rebote delay. Capable of some insane noises and mostly useless but great fun.

What LFO circuit did you use? I've just had a stupid idea after watching some youtube vids on how to make  "dubstep" efect box for guitar..   ..well maybe. idea is there, whether or not the building skills are there is another matter  ;D

das234

I believe I will build a test box like that. Thanks, Juan.

juansolo

Hadn't noticed this one had been bounced. The spring terminals on it didn't last much more than a year before one broke. It's now got connector strip on the top which has proved much more reliable.