News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone know how to do this?

Started by mattlee0037, March 17, 2014, 02:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattlee0037

So I saw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yImAn0iqyVs and I thought that infinite repeat mode was awesome as well as the echo and delay voices. I heard speculation at a stompbox reversing site that the echo may be a PT delay then the delay is maybe a BL chip. Anyway the main thing I'm interested in is that infinite repeat mode. It teeters on oscillation but stays in check and just sits under you as you play. Reminded me of when I would play a DMM with the longest delay time and a good amount of feedback. Anyone know how they accomplish this? Or the feedback switch? Heck I may have to just save and buy the thing.

Clayford

the feedback switch is a good slam switch. Jon is the master at figuring out the best way to implement those.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

mattlee0037

Interesting, are there different types of feedback switches? I took a quick look at the zero point SDX slam switch which looks like it connected lugs 2+3 of the feedback knob.

Clayford

Yes. Depending on how it's wired up, you can control the oscillation etc with an internal trimmer instead of it only being controlled by the setting of the outside pot(like the SDX is). As previously stated Jon is the man for this. He's helped others figure out where on a couple different delays. There is nothing "wrong" per se with how the SDX is setup, but it does depend on how your knobs are set each time. That said - this would be a VERY specific delay type, and not a everyday driver type.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded