News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zeroplex Deluxe Reverb

Started by juansolo, March 08, 2014, 07:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Zeroplex Deluxe Reverb

Since the arrival of the Zeropoints, my Multiplex hasn't being getting the love it deserves. So I've decided to revist it and mod it to the max with the addition of modulation and reverb.

Also we've changed the filtering to be like a Zeropoint's deep setting. It makes it less tapey, but I prefer it this way. As a result of these changes it's also much more happy with high output humbuckers than it was. For reference:

• R5, R10 470k
  • R4,R6,R9,R11 10k
  • R2 jumper
  • C2, C8 100n
  • C22,C28,C13,C19 2n2
  • C29,C35 15n
  • C6 220pf
  • C7 omit
  • A pair of 1N914 across the feedback pot
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

Nice, so the verb is permanently chained to the delay?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Yup, if you don't want it just dial it back. I didn't want it stand alone in this one.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pickdropper

This is great.  One of my favorites of yours.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

LaceSensor

What's up with the wiring on the second switch?

Killer looking build bro

juansolo

It's a momentary for the stretchy tape effect. One side makes, the other side breaks. I'm using the other pole simply as an anchor for the LED (the leg and the negative line are connected to it).

LaceSensor

Quote from: juansolo on March 08, 2014, 10:37:50 PM
It's a momentary for the stretchy tape effect. One side makes, the other side breaks. I'm using the other pole simply as an anchor for the LED (the leg and the negative line are connected to it).

Ahaaa so it's am led anchor. Gotcha ;)

mah62

another beautiful build (as usual)!

I've just woken up after a heavy night so forgive me if this is a dumb question:
despite the explanation above I can't figure out how you have wired the 2pdt switch.
The wire from D2 on the pcb goes to the negative leg of the LED and is then anchored
to the switch, I get that, but how have you managed to have the isulation go continuously to the switch and wrap around the leg of the LED. This is nifty beyond belief. I can imagine my attemps to do this ending up looking like a pig's ear!

Mark

juansolo

LOL, it was completely unintentional but the photo is hiding the leg of the LED.

Essentially the right hand side of the switch it doing the switching, the left hand side I'm just using the centre pin as a convenient place to anchor one of the legs of the LED so it's fixed in position. The wire that goes to that leg of the LED is also connected to the same post and is obscuring the LED leg that's underneath.

LJangel

Wow, I know I've got a long way to be able to do something at this level.  A masterful job to say the least.

mah62

Quote from: juansolo on March 09, 2014, 03:27:47 PM
LOL, it was completely unintentional but the photo is hiding the leg of the LED.

Essentially the right hand side of the switch it doing the switching, the left hand side I'm just using the centre pin as a convenient place to anchor one of the legs of the LED so it's fixed in position. The wire that goes to that leg of the LED is also connected to the same post and is obscuring the LED leg that's underneath.

Excellent, I don't feel so incompetent now. If I'd been you, however, I'd be tempted to say "the camera never lies and I have super natural powers"  ;D

ch1naski

juan is modest. he never lets on about his supernatural powers....
one louder.