News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LaVache - not working, maybe bad cow disease

Started by badbean, March 08, 2014, 09:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badbean

I just finished a LaVache pedal, but it didn't work.  It turned out that I had the transistor in wrong, anyway I got it fixed, but it still acts strangely.  First, the volume only works in the upper 25% which makes me think that I need a new pot.  Anyway, when I play hard, it makes a terrible crunchy diode static noise and also the volume is always less loud then when bypassed.  Anyone have any ideas on what else could cause me this kind of grief? 

On a separate note, I am also wiring a guitar for a friend and I cant find a diagram that gives me what he wants, and I don't have the brains to figure it out myself.  This is what I want have: 2 humbuckers, 2 push pull volumes, 2 tones and a 5 way switch.  Any ideas on that one?  Thanks in advance!

midwayfair

Quote from: badbean on March 08, 2014, 09:00:03 PM
I just finished a LaVache pedal, but it didn't work.  It turned out that I had the transistor in wrong, anyway I got it fixed, but it still acts strangely.  First, the volume only works in the upper 25% which makes me think that I need a new pot.  Anyway, when I play hard, it makes a terrible crunchy diode static noise and also the volume is always less loud then when bypassed.  Anyone have any ideas on what else could cause me this kind of grief? 

On a separate note, I am also wiring a guitar for a friend and I cant find a diagram that gives me what he wants, and I don't have the brains to figure it out myself.  This is what I want have: 2 humbuckers, 2 push pull volumes, 2 tones and a 5 way switch.  Any ideas on that one?  Thanks in advance!

Dollars to donuts you used a 330K in R4 instead of 330R.

However, post your voltages and pictures.

For the guitar question, it's probably best to start a different thread, and describe what you want the push pulls to do for instance.

badbean

Quote from: midwayfair on March 09, 2014, 12:23:26 AM

Dollars to donuts you used a 330K in R4 instead of 330R.

I'm impressed!  You were right!  I'll get that switched out and report back.  Do I owe you a dollar now or a donut?
Also good suggestion.  I'll post the guitar question on a new thread.  I think that the push pulls would probably be best used as series/parallel wiring. 

badbean

wait... I was right the first time.  It wasn't the resistor...

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer