News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sharkfin observations....

Started by peAk, March 09, 2014, 03:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

So I finished my build last night (haven't boxed yet) and I must say this is a very interesting pedal. I still "may" have some kinks to work out on the standard filter selection (Sounds a bit garbled and not as smooth as it should, I think)

I am tempted to take out the trims and make them external pots because it sure seems I was getting some interesting sounds adjusting those trims.

Anyone done this? If so, thoughts on it? Was it worth it?

Also, does the standard filter section sound smooth or does it have kind of a garbled, wobbly feel? Sample and Hold section sounds clean.

slimtriggers

Not sure if this helps, but my Sharkfin sounds a bit more synthy compared to my SWAW.  The SWAW sounds more organic to me.  I like them both, though  :)

peAk

Quote from: slimtriggers on March 09, 2014, 11:26:41 PM
Not sure if this helps, but my Sharkfin sounds a bit more synthy compared to my SWAW.  The SWAW sounds more organic to me.  I like them both, though  :)

Does the filter section (not the sample and hold section) sound like a traditional envelope or does it sound more lofi, wobbly?

pryde

Mine has that "shaking a piece of thin sheet metal" sound if that's what you mean.

Sort of a wobble-wobble and a bit synthy type thing. Pretty unique but I am not a envelope filter guy so can't speak to comparison.

peAk

Quote from: pryde on March 10, 2014, 04:00:32 AM
Mine has that "shaking a piece of thin sheet metal" sound if that's what you mean.

Sort of a wobble-wobble and a bit synthy type thing. Pretty unique but I am not a envelope filter guy so can't speak to comparison.

no, that's perfect. you described what I believe I am hearing. Thanks!