News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What next?

Started by peAk, March 12, 2014, 03:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

So I started with a kit, then been doing fab boards since. I still have a ton of unpopulated fab PCBs and more coming that I will work on...

...but what to try next? I was thinking about building a Beavis Board or doing a vero board but I am not sure.

I need some guidance

Any advice?

jkokura

Yeah, getting into Breadboarding can be a lot of fun. You really begin to understand (or at least partially understand) the relationships between various parts as you assemble and tweak them.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Cortexturizer

also, if you havent made a testing rig I suggest you do, when we're at it Jacob has a monstrous testing rig project that looks insanely awesome
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

midwayfair

Quote from: jkokura on March 12, 2014, 03:46:27 PM
Yeah, getting into Breadboarding can be a lot of fun. You really begin to understand (or at least partially understand) the relationships between various parts as you assemble and tweak them.

Jacob

+1 can't recommend a breadboard enough.

peAk

So a Beavis Board is kind of like a Testing Rig and Bread Board all in one, yes?

jkokura

Yeah. Basically, a breadboard is a white plastic part setup to design and test circuits using through hole parts. That's all a breadboard is. However, in order to patch in a guitar, and send power to a breadboard, we have to find a way to connect those things in. A Beavis board is essentially that - a combination of a Guitar send/Amp return and a power/ground connection point for a breadboard. This allows the user to design a circuit, and then patch in their guitar for testing.

It's awesome.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals