News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Oedipus Rex...

Started by Droogie, March 07, 2014, 06:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droogie

... or another Kingslayer build. I'll leave it all of you psychoanalysts to decipher what my subconscious decision for not decorating this (or ay other) pedals. Probably didn't want to muck up the beautiful box by John Lyons, but it could be a deep-seated animosity to authority figures (with latent homicidal tendencies).   :D  Personally, I always thought it kind of strange that only Oedipus got the bad rap instead of his dad (who tried to have young Oeddy killed as a baby). That's pretty f-ing f-ed up; why doesn't he have his own complex?

But seriously folks, after at least 60 pedal builds, I finally got around  to this—just to see what the fuss was about. After playing with it for a week, I have to say that I really like what the tone control does for the sound of my rig—brightens it up, and has a good range of tonal possibilities. The gain/clean control is interesting but I like the clean sound better than the overdrive (1N34, red LED, Bat 46).

Curious to try the buffer using the new board from Josh. Question for folks who have more of a clue than yours truly: is the brightness I like so much a function of the buffer, the tone control or a combination of the two?

Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

billstein

Another nice build Droogie. I like the simplicity of it. I would probably to this more if I could remember what the knobs do. :)

As for the Kingslayer. It is one of my favorites. I never thought anything would replace a Tubescreamer for me but right now for that rhythm crunch the Kingslayer is my go to pedal.