News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SMD Hot air temp

Started by billstein, March 07, 2014, 08:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

Hi all,

Picked up a hot air smd soldering station and was wondering what temperature I should use with soldering paste? I tried it with some J201's and its amazing to watch them snap into place, but I'm concerned about frying the chips.

midwayfair

Quote from: billstein on March 07, 2014, 08:08:26 PM
Hi all,

Picked up a hot air smd soldering station and was wondering what temperature I should use with soldering paste? I tried it with some J201's and its amazing to watch them snap into place, but I'm concerned about frying the chips.

Your soldering paste should tell you its melting temperature. If it's not on the container, check with the manufacturer online.

billstein

Quote from: midwayfair on March 07, 2014, 08:13:20 PM
Quote from: billstein on March 07, 2014, 08:08:26 PM
Hi all,

Your soldering paste should tell you its melting temperature. If it's not on the container, check with the manufacturer online.

I looked in the instructions and on the syringe but there was nothing. I didn't even think about checking the website. Thanks Jon

stevie1556

I use 300-320'C on fan speed 2 (low) for both my types of paste. It takes about 10 seconds to melt and move the part into place.

I have 2 different types of paste that I use, one in a pot, and one in a syringe. Both types won't use the syringe and needles that I bought on eBay though.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!