News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mustard II - Ibanez OD855 - Aion

Started by Kinki fuzz, February 25, 2014, 01:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinki fuzz

Another great drive/distortion project. As the circuit itself and the build doc suggest this pedal is close to the distortion + in sound, thus I named it as my project D+ "Mustard".
What I like (compared to a D+) is that you can get more dirt with the gain maxed and it has some fuzz-like sound, so you can go from soft drive to dirty distortion, and with extra flexibility of a tone control.
For the diodes I choose 1N34As (stock) and 1N4148s, that give different distortion, less volume and more fuzz appeal with the germanium and more "standard" drive with the silicons, I also used a little bit of the "softness" trimmer with the 1N4148s, that gives extra headroom and openness to the sound. I think it's a great feature so you can have 2 very different clipping options, that give you variety.

Bret608

Looks good! I'm curious to hear it now.

billstein

bcalla

That's great work, I really like the look.

atreidesheir

Now I need to build one of those.  good looking pedal.  Your description sounds nice.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

Jabulani Jonny

That looks great.  I'd really love a demo if you're so inclined. 

The list of overdrives that I have to build now just increased by one.  Thank you for that.   ;D

It's behind a Green Bean and a Zendrive for two buddies.  Oh and not to mention the Pork Barrels, Krakens and Phasers that I'm getting ready to start on.  Dangit. 

Jonathan