News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What's the deal with Futurlec?

Started by miter53, February 28, 2014, 10:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miter53

I placed a couple of orders with them a few days apart about a week ago, received an email confirmation, and then nothing. The order status just shows them as being received, but no sign of them being filled or shipped. I emailed them yesterday asking about the status of my orders, but I haven't gotten any response. There doesn't seem to be a phone number for them on their website.

Anyone else have experience ordering from them? Is this typical?
"Only sick music makes money today."-Friedrich Nietzsche
My photography website: http://michaelteresko.com/

jubal81

Yes, typical. It might be months before you actually get anything.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Haberdasher

that happened to me the one time i ordered from them.  the order said processing or something forever and once i emailed i learned something that was "in stock" was out of stock and the whole order was hanging.  i chose some different items about the same $ worth and emailed them to make sure those were in stock and they subbed in the parts.  got my order about 1.5 wks later.

they don't tell you when your stuff is out of stock is the problem, and their online inventory is obvi not accurate. you did the right thing emailing them.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Scruffie

Actually on my last order (which was done via paypal though so you have to e-mail in the first place to order) I got an e-mail to notify me a part was out of stock (also I think it was obsolete so that may have had something to do with getting contact) but yeah, in the past i've had to e-mail to get the order through for parts being missing, the annoying one was a week of waiting saying send it without and then they found the part in stock anyway.

Other than that the parts and service are good, I actually got my order quicker from them than Tayda last time and the futurlec order wasn't dispatched for several days due to the weekend and correspondence about the out of stock part.
Works at Lectric-FX

Micpoc

About a decade ago, I placed an order, and received it seven months later. I've never ordered from Futurlec again.  :(

billstein

Quote from: Haberdasher on February 28, 2014, 11:03:38 PM
that happened to me the one time i ordered from them.  the order said processing or something forever and once i emailed i learned something that was "in stock" was out of stock and the whole order was hanging.  i chose some different items about the same $ worth and emailed them to make sure those were in stock and they subbed in the parts.  got my order about 1.5 wks later.

they don't tell you when your stuff is out of stock is the problem, and their online inventory is obvi not accurate. you did the right thing emailing them.

I think I had ordered at the same time and was probably hung up on the same product. Waiting for J201's. The frustrating thing to me was, even though they hung my order up because the J201's were out of stock, they still listed them as in stock on the web site.
After that I decided not to order from them again.

ian_guga

I made an order some time ago. Couple of days after I made the order I've decided to change some of the parts which were ordered by mistake /mine/, they were responsive and made the switch before shipping the order. Also all my mails were answered in timely manner etc. Overall not a bad experience. The shipping ... that is something else. It took 29 days and I was given a tracking code which was not working. This I believe had nothing to do with them, but is just a property of the post they are using. After some digging I found out this address http://www.quantiumaspac.com/qtracker/track.aspx
which sometimes returns some info for singpost international shipments, which kinda worked. it was giving back some weird data about my shipment mixed with data about some shipment from '08 /not kiddin - 2008/ I found this amusing :D
my lab loves fuzz

haveyouseenhim

Man, I don't see why people order from them after all of the stuff I've read about em. I looked at the site for the first time yesterday and it's terrible. It isn't laid out very well.

You would think they would have fixed these problems by now, because it takes manpower to fix these ordering issues. I would imagine it isn't very profitable to have people constantly dealing with customers that are wondering why their order hasn't shipped.
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

ian_guga

I would guess the usual - price. my order was 23% cheaper than tyda so I decided to give them a try given that tyda;s shipping is also a long wait....not that long tho
my lab loves fuzz