News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

slambox circuit or tester or both? NOOB!

Started by UncleDave, March 28, 2011, 03:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleDave

how's this look?

i hooked it up and got nothing from my circuit. didn't make a sound. a little static maybe

[attachment deleted by admin]

UncleDave

UncleDave

white 9v+
red ground
black input
yellow output

do you think my circuit is screw due to me hooking v+ to ground ect.?

gtr2

First make sure that you have 9v at your clips.  I'm assuming those wires going out go to clips...  Put your red probe on your white wire clip and the black probe on your red wire clip.  Your dmm should be on the V setting and you should read around 9v.

On the circuit you could have blown D1 which is a polarity protection diode.  This is to protect the rest of the circuit from this type of thing.

I can't really tell if you have your jacks themselves wired right, but the ground wire should go to your inputs sleeve and the input wire should go to the tip.  The output wire should also go to the output jack tip.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

UncleDave

VICTORIOUS!!!!!

well, I pulled out a new circuit and changed wiring here and there and nothing worked, but all I needed to do was gound the 9v jack to the input jack and boom. like a charm.

thank you everyone for hanging in there with me. i'm feeling a lot more confident since that decided to work. blah.

Rock it before you box it. i will always follow this comand

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

UncleDave

I've got to box it now. But I'm not sure there was anything wrong with it. Think it was just my tester