News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Elephuzz

Started by LaceSensor, February 13, 2014, 02:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddyfox

I actually got pretty good at hiding wires on vero but cheap chinese fab has me spoiled rotten.

m-Kresol

Looks really nice. How come you know the guy?
I quite like their music, it's quite different from mainstream stuff when it comes to rhythm and groove. Saw them as opening act for Muse a while ago and just got into their stuff a few month back.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

LaceSensor

Quote from: m-Kresol on February 14, 2014, 10:39:29 PM
I quite like their music, it's quite different from mainstream stuff when it comes to rhythm and groove. Saw them as opening act for Muse a while ago and just got into their stuff a few month back.

I live in manchester, they are a manc band, I interact with 'the scene' a bit. They approached me a coupe years ago to make a tremolo for their guitarists bday with a funny pic of him on the front. I obliged. Made a couples klones for the guitarist for the last tour. Fixed a broken mwfx judder for them when they were recording and needed it turned around next day for the album. Shit like that :)

It's no big deal but fun sometimes to know 'famous' people like your pedals.

The coolest one was a couple bee baa clones for bloc party. Those pedals toured the world!

m-Kresol

Quote from: LaceSensor on February 15, 2014, 12:19:18 AM
Quote from: m-Kresol on February 14, 2014, 10:39:29 PM

I live in manchester, they are a manc band, I interact with 'the scene' a bit. They approached me a coupe years ago to make a tremolo for their guitarists bday with a funny pic of him on the front. I obliged. Made a couples klones for the guitarist for the last tour. Fixed a broken mwfx judder for them when they were recording and needed it turned around next day for the album. Shit like that :)

It's no big deal but fun sometimes to know 'famous' people like your pedals.

The coolest one was a couple bee baa clones for bloc party. Those pedals toured the world!

That sure is nice to know that your work is appreciated and that it can in fact be heard around the globe.
I love Bloc Party. Especially the Silent alarm. That was one hell of an album. Too bad they changed their style over time...
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Guybrush

Great work man. Really like Everything Everything, will deffo listen out for fuzz bass in their songs from now on! I might give have to build a Website as my first very build. How is it on guitar?

I'm originally from Burnley, used to love going to gigs in Manchester. Really missing the North!

My old band supported Bloc Party when they were touring Silent Alarm. Lovely guys. Their pedal boards were massive and full of old Boss stuff. Here's a crappy photo of a Polaroid I took of them.

Note the toy laser gun on Russel's board. He used to shoot his pickups with it and the sound came out of his amp. Only did it in sound check though. Shame.

LaceSensor

I have a photo from Russell's last board but he forbid me to post it, including the pedal I build for him. A lot of those boss pedals are still on his board though haha.

lincolnic

Quote from: Guybrush on February 19, 2014, 06:21:31 PM
Note the toy laser gun on Russel's board. He used to shoot his pickups with it and the sound came out of his amp. Only did it in sound check though. Shame.

Steve Stevens does this in "Rebel Yell", too. http://youtu.be/Vk2Fk9TdKWY?t=26m53s

Guybrush

Quote from: LaceSensor on February 19, 2014, 11:31:44 PM
I have a photo from Russell's last board but he forbid me to post it, including the pedal I build for him. A lot of those boss pedals are still on his board though haha.

People hate on Boss but Rusell gets some great sounds out of his batch. His overdrive and distorted sounds always sound really interesting (to my ears at least). Possibly thanks to you LaceSensor!

LaceSensor

Thanks for the compliment but he only uses the Bee Baa on a couple things
However, he has an original which gets used on loads of stuff in the studio, its his favourite distortion pedal