News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD!!!!

Started by jimilee, February 21, 2014, 07:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Here she is! New bass built or assembled by yours truly with a finish from wudtone to top it all off. Fender squier jazz neck, dimarzio split p pickups and a hipshot for getting low!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

billstein

Gledison

It looks great!
I really like the wood finish! IMO i would just leave it without the plate! Na ja! I can hear already some N.I.B. :)
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

bcalla

Very nice.  I want one.

Kinki fuzz

Rad!! I want one too!!

DutchMF

Jimi, that's just plain awesome! You almost convinced me to switch to bass, almost..........  ;)

Great looking build man, the pickguard does it for me, nice!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jimilee

Quote from: DutchMF on February 21, 2014, 09:23:19 PM
Jimi, that's just plain awesome! You almost convinced me to switch to bass, almost..........  ;)

Great looking build man, the pickguard does it for me, nice!

Paul
Switch? Either you're born a bassists or you're not, like being Jewish.
  I was wondering about the pick guard, wasn't sure if I liked it, so thank you.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slimtriggers

Very cool!  What's the bat logo on the 12th fret?  Is that a short scale or is it normal for basses to only have 20 frets? 

atreidesheir

good one jimilee.  rock that thang.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

pickdropper

Congrats Jimi.  That thing looks great.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Leevibe

Nice build, Jimilee!

selfdestroyer

Sweet looking bass you have there Jimi. Great job.

Cody

bcalla

Quote from: jimilee on February 22, 2014, 12:11:12 AM
  I was wondering about the pick guard, wasn't sure if I liked it, so thank you.

Funny, after I posted before I looked over the pictures again and wished I complimented you on the pickguard.  I NEVER would have picked a red one myself, but seeing it done it looks fantastic.

jimilee

Quote from: slimtriggers on February 22, 2014, 01:51:06 AM
Very cool!  What's the bat logo on the 12th fret?  Is that a short scale or is it normal for basses to only have 20 frets?
3/4" I believe, never noticed really while I was building it. I suppose I could put a neck with 22 frets on there, but we never play that high anyway, I mean we're bassists what the hell are we gonna do up there???

jkokura

I need to get a Hipshot for my P-Bass.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals