News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

shiny valve caster

Started by hoodoo, February 13, 2014, 05:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all, Matt here with my shiny valvecaster. Picked up some old valves with some other gear and thought i'd venture into the world of valve pedals, my first. I had a look at The Boobtube, but thought i'd keep the first one simple=ish ;) Polished the box, put a little mojo inside, old Sylvania tube?, any one heard of these? and kept my fingers crossed that it would work. Sounds really good with the strat, sounds like muddy shit with humbuggies  ;D Here she is.....

lincolnic

I really dig the look of this. I don't know why, but the orange wire just feels appropriate!

jubal81

Now that's spiffy! Dig it a lot.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

That sharp looking for sure!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thomas_H

The inside Wiring is a piece of art!
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

hoodoo

Thanks gents, I was just glad, and surprised, that it worked   :)  "Juan-ish", i like it ;)

fendman

That is one polished enclosure ;D
Very nice

Mike

juansolo

Love it, all hail the U bolt tube protector!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

hoodoo

Ha, The ubolt actually came off the kids trampoline, if you look close, you can see it's a dodgy painted one, none of that fancy stainless here. It held the poles up that holds the netting on around the outside. Is it morally right to put your kids in harms way for the sake of a build, hhmmm..... tough love and priorities  ;D