News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shipping Charges

Started by billstein, February 14, 2014, 12:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

I'm trying to get my head around why shipping is so much. I just went to PPP ordered some washers and a bit of wire. Not a heavy package at all. The total was a little over $18.00 the shipping was almost $11.00.

Maybe I'm way off base here and just don't understand some details here, but I can't help but feel I'm being ripped off a bit. That same package from China wouldn't be anywhere near that.

OK. Rant over.

Govmnt_Lacky

If you are anywhere outside the CONUS then you will probably pay....  :-\

I recently shipped a package to Canada. It weighed 1lb. and it cost me $15.  :o

billstein

Probably should have added that I live in California. So its not because they're shipping internationally.

mattlee0037

Interesting I've never had to pay more than 6 or 7 for shipping from PPP. What option for shipping did you look at?

billstein

Quote from: mattlee0037 on February 14, 2014, 01:24:45 AM
Interesting I've never had to pay more than 6 or 7 for shipping from PPP. What option for shipping did you look at?

It was the cheapest option.

jimilee

Man, I sure as hell wouldn't pay that much I shipping for the few bits, I'd buy a lot more.
Usually what I end up doing at small bear
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

blearyeyes

A lot of vendors think you wont notice... "only .99 plus shipping and handling" of uhh $6.99.. Gotta pay the shipping people.. Still, alot of times as I'm checking out I cancel when the rediculas shipping charges come up... definately a rip. But you gotta plan your purchases...