News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

AlanP's low profile doppleganger PCB - possible TICK FIX!

Started by the3secondrule, February 05, 2014, 11:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

I think I've nailed it - I stole an idea from the mutron phase II, which is Isolating the V+ supply to the LFO opamp with a 1n4148 diode. requires cutting the 9v trace to IC 1, pin 4, and bridging it with the 1n4148 (cathode to Pin 4).

Give it a try, let me know if it works for you.
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

LaceSensor

stecykmi

try adding a capacitor? from the LFO V+ to +9v. this may give better results.

LaceSensor

Juan tried all manner of stuff like that and was never successful.
Ive kinda given up burning time on the 1.4 when I have the 2.1 :/

juansolo

Yeah Cleggy cut the crap out of his board trying to isolate the two sides and he ultimately managed to cut the tick in half. But not eradicate it. Spent a lot of time on it and ultimately failed to de-tick it.

The 2.1 works perfectly however.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

I've started to get to the point where I hide for cover when I see "Low Profile Doppelganger". It worked fine for me, but so so many others have had grief over it...

Agreed with Lace -- let it die. The 2.1 is better than the 1.4 low profile, even if you can't fit it in a 1590BB.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

muddyfox

Interesting, I'm usually always the one to have problems where there are no problems to be had. LPD however fired right up, quiet as a royal fart.

Remains to be seen what happens once I box it, though...

2.1 won't fit a BB? What will it fit?

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

muddyfox

Alright, thanks... Luckily I think I may have one or two of those kicking around.

LaceSensor

Quote from: alanp on February 15, 2014, 09:00:32 PM
I've started to get to the point where I hide for cover when I see "Low Profile Doppelganger". It worked fine for me, but so so many others have had grief over it...

Agreed with Lace -- let it die. The 2.1 is better than the 1.4 low profile, even if you can't fit it in a 1590BB.

Sorry to keep dredging it up Alan.
It's a fuckingcool design and layout to fit in the BB ain't nothing gonna take that away