News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Solution for Problems with Hum at Prototyping Breadboard

Started by FX-Rated, February 08, 2014, 05:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FX-Rated

Hi,

I could not find any other Threads about this Method, so i hope it´s okay, when i´m opening a new one for this. Sorry, if my English is not that good, i´m from Germany, but i´m doin my best!

I just finished my Prototyping setup with Breadboard, Breakoutbox with Voltage Sag Pot and all that. Before i made the Breakout Box i got very much Noise from my Laptop, Lights etc. coming in the Signal Line, because the Jacks etc. were not shielded. Then i put all the Stuff in an Enclosure and the main Noise was gone, so that i could finally hear the effect and changes, that i do in the circuit. Before that i din´t even heard the fuzz Sound...it was coverd by Noise.

But there was one Problem left...Hum!! It was not a big issue, because i could now analyse and listen to the circuit effect/sound and could tweak. Then i used the Voltage Sag Pot, to try out, which effect it has on transistor starving. After a very small amount of turning the Pot...at i think 8,7 Volts, ALL the Hum was gone! And the circuit sounds still the same, so i am working now always with a little less Voltage, controlled with the Pot and my circuit is completely Noise free!