News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aion refractor klone

Started by Alaboogie, February 06, 2014, 01:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaboogie

I'm building a Klone and everything looks good. The bypass signal works perfectly fine and the values should all be correct. Only thing is when I turn it on the signal gets really really quiet to where it almost sounded like it didn't work. I could vaguely tell it was on and when I cranked my amp the signal was there just really really clean. The gain knob and the tone knob doesn't work, and the volume knob does work.

This is literally the second pedal that I've made so I don't know how or what to diagnose...I do know caps 19, 20, and 21 were getting really hot after maybe being plugged in for 3-5 minutes. What can I do to start diagnosing things? I've read a ton of diagnosing posts but there are none that I saw that layer things out for a noob like me. I can posts pictures if you guys want? I have a dmm but I don't know what or how to use it in a way that could help diagnose things for me... :(

Help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jkokura

Hey man!

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about the struggles.

Here's the best thread to read on learning to give us what sort of info we need to help you out:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=902.0

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Alaboogie

Perfect thank you! Will be posting voltages when I get home soon and I'll upload a photo on the soldered side of my board...thanks! Haha I read that post before but I guess I glanced over it. Definitely feel even more like a noob now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk