News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What steps to take to get rid of LFO ticking?

Started by Ettore_M, February 04, 2014, 12:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ettore_M

Quote from: culturejam on February 05, 2014, 02:10:19 AM
Quote from: Ettore_M on February 04, 2014, 08:21:46 PM
But what do you mean "another one in series"?

A passive second-order low-pass filter. Like this:

Okay! I'll try this and get back to you guys tomorrow! :)

Thanks for the help!
Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

Ettore_M

So, today I tried to increase the values of the low pass filter and also tried a second order filter.

I tried first a second order 100R+100uF, a second order 220R+220uF and finally a second order 470R+470uF. The last one, it almost dissapeared the ticking, but it's still there in the back.

By the way, this thing does sound awesome. To my ears, at least. I'm not really experienced with tremolos (or vibratos), so I can't really judge. But it's extremely simple and easy to build.

I'll try with some more filtering and when I'm done with it, I'll post it in the Member Projects.

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

alanp

It does cut down on the I'm-so-smart quotient, but have you tried just using a TL072 on the audio path, rather than having one chip do both control and audio?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Ettore_M

Quote from: alanp on February 06, 2014, 12:01:43 AM
It does cut down on the I'm-so-smart quotient, but have you tried just using a TL072 on the audio path, rather than having one chip do both control and audio?
What do you mean with the first part? ???
I said it before why I won't try it. Because then it would be a Craig Anderton's tremolo right? CJ said it too. It's more fun to try this with an all-in-one idea. It's there. Why shouldn't I use the empty inverter gates to do the job of a TL072 and add another chip. This cuts down the cost and size of the PCB.
And the whole idea behind this experiment is to explore the uses of a CD4049 in other than overdrive and distortion circuits.

Hector
- Culturejam