News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How hard/easy is it to remove envirotex?

Started by PhiloB, February 14, 2014, 11:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

It's been on the enclosure 72 hours and feels pretty hard.  Will it just peel off with pressure?  Will I end up having to sand it down?
With as cheap as Tayda enclosures are (I used a polished bare box) I might just start over if it's a pain.

jimilee

It pulls up pretty easily if you drill it wrong, is it over a decal?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PhiloB

jimilee

Quote from: PhiloB on February 15, 2014, 12:32:20 AM
Yes
Pull it up and see then, a drill bit through one of the holes should pull it right up
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PhiloB

Well, I'd read that some people had trouble drilling without pulling  the epoxy up.  I decided I'd practice:( Now I have no holes to utilize.  I think I'll leave it for now.

gordo

Keep the drill bit slow and I'd strongly recommend drilling holes BEFORE you ET.  It's a bit of elbow grease but getting the ET up off a buggered finish isn't too bad.  Take your time and go slow and you'll get a piece that will remove a ton of it (same idea as pulling a label off).  I totally jacked up my first pour and was able to get it off and reuse (and re-pour) the enclosure.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: PhiloB on February 15, 2014, 04:43:54 AM
Well, I'd read that some people had trouble drilling without pulling  the epoxy up.  I decided I'd practice:( Now I have no holes to utilize.  I think I'll leave it for now.
What happened?

PhiloB

Sorry I wasn't clear.  Used my step bit and successfully drilled all the holes without pulling up the epoxy at all.  That's a good thing.  Just didn't leave any undone.

PhiloB

billstein

Quote from: PhiloB on February 15, 2014, 05:44:22 AM
Sorry I wasn't clear.  Used my step bit and successfully drilled all the holes without pulling up the epoxy at all.  That's a good thing.  Just didn't leave any undone.

I discovered the same thing today. I messed up a faceplate so did some practicing and was able to drill a new hole using a step bit after the Envirotex without any problems at all.

juansolo

If you just coat the top it comes off really easily and usually just needs the edges tidying a little.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimilee

Quote from: PhiloB on February 15, 2014, 05:45:05 AM
I had previously drilled the enclosure
No, I mean that you have to remove it, mislabeled?

PhiloB

The edges of the decal lifted Jimmy.  You can see the decal ripple in places especially on one side.