News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel - Low volume

Started by Opfer, January 31, 2014, 11:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opfer

I built a version a 09.26.11 version of the Pork Barrel but the volume its low. Also it sounds a little bit dirty. I did rechecked resistors and replaced others ICs and transistors. What could be wrong? What resistors should I change to get more volume?

mattc

Not sure that it matters, but the build doc calls for 100kB pots not the 100kA you have.

Opfer

Already tried changing the pots. I am still getting low volume when the effect is engaged. Could it be the wiring por maybe a cold joint?

DutchMF

The pot taper (A or B) shouldn't be the cause of this, that should only affect the way the controls behave. Just a wild guess: I see a lot of exposed wire, could that be shorting to the box or to each other? If that's not the case, post some more pictures (solder side as well) and voltage readings. Audio probing might help you pinpoint the location of your problem.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

midwayfair

How low? "Sounds dirty" -- in what way? The clean and delay signal, or just the delay signal?

Post voltages, remove it from the box to your test rig (unless you know it worked 100% correctly before you boxed it, in which case you need to check the wiring in the box), and audio probe to find where the volume loss is occurring.

Pictures of the other side of the board may help.