News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Classy Tremolo

Started by pryde, February 10, 2014, 05:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is a vero-built EA Tremolo (with ROG improvements). The guitarist wanted something that looked and sounded "Fender-ish" so this fit the bill. Etched some copper and stuck an amp jewel in it (using 5mm clear LED to light it)

I still don't believe I have heard a better sine-wave tremolo than this circuit, it just sounds so very good. Note I am not talking about the original EA Trem but the "improved" one tweaked by ROG. Just a fantastic, warm tremolo reminiscent of Nancy Sinatra's "Bang-Bang"

Jabulani Jonny

That is a sweet build. Out of curiosity, what are the prescribed ROG tweaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

pryde

The main change was the entire input stage was tweaked as well as some values for the depth an speed control. Here is a rundown from a ROG archive page:

http://www.home-wrecker.com/eatremolo.html

I have built both and to me it is a clear improvement in overall tone as well as how the tremolo sweep is balanced. The original has an overpowering low-end throb that seams out of balance.

mattlee0037

Love that etched copper. What's your method for rounding the corners/cutting. And did you etch spray paint then sand? Looks great

pryde

Quote from: mattlee0037 on February 10, 2014, 07:43:35 PM
Love that etched copper. What's your method for rounding the corners/cutting. And did you etch spray paint then sand? Looks great

The material is copper clad which already has a black background when you etch away the copper (same thing used for etched pcbs)

I have a benchtop belt sander to shape my panels and round the corners, then go around the edges with a small piece of 250 grit to smooth it all out.

billstein

J. Ignacio

Nice! Where i can find a tutorial to finish my pedal with pcb etching?

Thanks

selfdestroyer

Super clean build. Faceplate look perfect. Great job.

Cody

bcalla

That's nice.  Straight and to the point.

pryde

Quote from: J. Ignacio on February 10, 2014, 09:36:53 PM
Nice! Where i can find a tutorial to finish my pedal with pcb etching?

Thanks

There are some etching tutorials in the "members projects and tutorials section" including one that I did on etching aluminum enclosures:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=11078.0

The process is the same really except you will use copper clad. (for these plates I use .030, 1-oz copper clad)

hoodoo

Very classy build mate, love the etched plates and  jewel  :)

Matt

Very nice build.  I did that version too but I sold it a while back.  Might have to build another one.
Matt