News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EHX transformers?

Started by RobA, February 01, 2014, 06:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobA

Anyone know a source for the transformers that are in the EHX tube based pedals. The ones that do 12VAC input to something over 200VAC. I think Smallbear used to have them, but I can't find them now. Something similar would do the job too, but these looked to be really convenient.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

alanp

I'd say look for 240AC to 12VAC trafo's on mouser? They'd exist for 240VAC mains countries, just chuck the bastards in reverse.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

RobA

I've thought about it. I actually have a couple that I could try it with. But, I'm a bit nervous about it because I don't know enough about transformers.  I've read that it should work, but that there can be differences between the primary and the secondary. Half my mind says that the power specs should work out. The other half of mind tells me to ignore the first half :D.

Part of it though is that those EHX transformers are really low profile and the ones I have from mouser are pretty big for a small pedal.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).