News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

color pcb in Europe?

Started by muddyfox, February 02, 2014, 12:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddyfox

Hey peeps!

Anyone aware of any color FR4 sellers in Europe? I only found abcfab but they are stateside and the shipping costs are ridiculous.

micromegas

I don't know of anyone, I asked my supplier (www.retroamplis.com) a couple of  times but nothing.

Now that madbean is going to release a lot of etching projects I'm intersted in getting stocked in various colours.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

muddyfox

I'm mostly looking at our UK friends, they seem to have pretty much everything available to them locally?

stevie1556

The only places I've found are in America, and like you say, postage and import charges just don't make it economical to get.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

davent

The pcb materials take paint well just be sure they're non-conductive, i've used acrylics for years with no issues. Presensitized boards seem to only come in this repulsive green/brown colour that i couldn't bear to look at, could never find any of the nicely coloured stuff so paint hides the ugly.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

DutchMF

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for:
http://www.banzaimusic.com/Board-FR4-RED.html
They also have black, green, blue and yellow

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

muddyfox

Thanks man but that's just the FR4 board and I'd like copperclad.
This is used in tube amp turret boards and such...

DutchMF

OK, I was afraid that it wasn't this easy.... I don't etch (or build amps.....) so I wasn't quite sure what you meant. It was just that the 'FR4' bit rung a bell, like I'd seen/read it somewhere before. And I should have known you probably checked out Banzai way, way before posting here!  ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

davent

abcfab's shipping to Canada is almost as bad as Europe, one piece copperclad, red 4×6", $1.75- shipping to Canada $16.04, Germany for example was $17.80 but it looks as if every European country has a different rate, so it may be far worse. They really don't want out of country business.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?