News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nautilus

Started by Megadeth, January 14, 2014, 09:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megadeth

Hi i have problems getting any sound through my natulus.

I cannot even probe the damn thing at the moment! I probed the tele connector comming out of my cellphone and it works fine, but as soon as i plug the tele male from my phone into the female on the board its dead silent. I get no sound whatsoever when i probe it connected to the phone. Could it be a grounding issue perhaps? Probe is grounded, i've tried several grounding points.

Also i noticed if i placed my probe on the end of R1 the LED while shine brighter for a while and after maybe 1-2 seconds it goes back to its faded shine again.

Well any help at all would be much appreciated, im banging my head on this one since i cannot even probe the damn thing.

IC1

1: 6,04v
2: 0,002v
3: 0,001v
4: 9,08v
5: 0v
6: 0,001v
7: 0,001v
8: -0,001v
9: 6,05v
10: 0v
11: -7,66v
12: 0v
13: -0,001v
14: -6,03v

IC5

1: 9,08v
2: 5,32v
3: 0v
4: 0v
5: -7,66v
6: 4,34vv
7: 5,71v
8: 9,08v

power supply: 9,08v

midwayfair

Pin 11 ought to be -9V. What are you getting there?

You have positive voltage showing on pin 5 of the charge pump. Are you sure about that?

Megadeth

Hi!

I made a misstake measuring from vcc- thats why i got those wierd values, i did retake on the readings and uppdated the voltages list.

midwayfair

Okay. Your voltages mostly look fine to me, though I'm not entirely certain how you're getting voltage on 1, 9, and 14. Those should be at Vb (which is 0V) like all the other audio pins. Note, however, that they're all connected by a few resistors.

You aren't going to get sound at all the audio pins on the op amp. The signal is inverted in a lot of places.

Pin 5 of your charge pump looks too high as well. Try pulling the op amp and see if it changes. You might have a solder bridge somewhere that you just aren't seeing.

Megadeth

Allright im gonna check for solderbridges. I did find something i thought was wierd. I was using my buzzer/ohm check dunno what the funktion is called on my fluke. Correct me if im wrong but i did get signal between the extra groundpad and the input, lug 2, 3 on the the gainpot and up to R1 but not after. That seems like a grounding issue don't it?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Megadeth on January 15, 2014, 05:36:55 PM
Correct me if im wrong but i did get signal between the extra groundpad and the input.... That seems like a grounding issue don't it?

Grounding out the Input definitely seems like a problem to me!  ;)

Which Input were you testing? The Input jack, the Input to the PCB, the Input lug on the stomp switch...

Megadeth

+10 for you my friend!

There is no visible bridge on those part, most likely its the gainpot. Will try to remove it and check again.

Megadeth

Yeah i did find the problem, it was a board error. There was a small short etching fault at the top right lug of the spdt switch to the input.