News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mustard (distortion + / DOD250 in one box)

Started by Kinki fuzz, January 16, 2014, 01:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinki fuzz

The wiring in this project was a PITA and turned out quite shitty looking inside, but still I will be using it a lot, so I thought it was worth sharing. This is a Distortion + and a DOD 250 in one box. The D+ was my first DIY pedal ever (etched tonepad board), I have used it a lot over the years and I think is great for several dirt duties, so simple and so great. The 250 was a more recent discovery (etched tonepad too), it's very similar with a different voice , but I use it in the same applications as the D+, so having both in one box makes a lot of sense to me, so I don't need to choose which one to carry with me.

I used my old pcbs and a 4PDT switch so I could use only 2 knobs, a total mess inside, but once you screw the cover you can forget about that.

The worst part is that the color is too "orange" (the can said mustard yellow...) for the name I choose.

jkokura

Even if it is a little orange, it looks fine to me!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Bret608

Looks cool! I like having a D+ around as well. Not my favorite for everything but sometimes it's just the sound I need.

Mammoth Electronics used to have an enclosure color called "curry". To me it was really close to the old D+ color. I used it on my first Pepper Spray pedal. I wonder if it's easy to find in a spray can?

jprizz

Wow, very cool job. I've never given the D+ or 250 ant consideration before. Gonna have to check them out.

Kinki fuzz

At first, not as impressive as many other drives or ditrotions out there, but as Bret says often you find that "it's just the sound I need", especially paired with a cooking amp.

billstein

Great build. Love the way you combined this so you only needed two knobs.