News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

shipping with tayda to Canada

Started by danwelsh, January 15, 2014, 05:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hi, just wondering if anyone ever has had shipping problems with Tayda to Canada....I placed two orders in December, one on the 12th and one on the 15th, I received the first order a week ago Monday but the other still isn't here, and what is their policy for non-recieved orders as I know I have to sign the electronic sig thing at Canada Post when I do get stuff from them.

electrosonic

I have a few shipments from OSH Park (Portland) coming to Vancouver.  Some were mailed Dec 9th, Dec 11th and Dec 16th, nothing yet (over 5 weeks for some). I could have walked there and back by now.

I think maybe Canada Post is still recovering from Christmas (or maybe New Years).

Tayda does send registered which is secure, but not necessarily fast

Andrew.

GermanCdn

I got my order from the 14th on Friday of last week (in Calgary), so I'd imagine you'd see yours shortly.  They'll make you wait quite a while for a non-receipt claim, and truthfully, I've never "not received" any shipments from them, though I've had instances where shipments were received out of sequence, depends on how bored CCRA is I guess.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

davent

My last Tayda order was over a month to get here, quickest was just over 2 weeks, the norm, over three weeks.  Very little left there that i'd bother with.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

GrindCustoms

Sometime i buy stuff from Tayda Ebay that takes 2 weeks to make it.. sometime 4-5.. same thing with their website.

Waiting is part of the hobby...
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

wretched

I found over the Christmas / New Year the shipping was pretty bad, but the packages since then have been 3-4 weeks on average. I just got my Dec 23rd order yesterday (Jan 17th) I'm in Manitoba. And the Dec 13 order was in on Jan 8th.

danwelsh

I checked yesterday and still nothing.....the order Im waiting for was actually made on the 12th of December

alanp

I find that popping for the express shipping is normally worth it with Tayda.

Going by website tracking, seeing "Express" on the package seems to light a fire under NZ Customs. Otherwise they seem to hang onto stuff for a few days as a matter of course.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Jean-Rock

My last order was shipped january 2nd and got it yesterday...I'm from Montréal.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I257M en utilisant Tapatalk

Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

davent

Here's an example for Canada shipping options. Keep in mind that with the express shipping, chances are pretty good the shipper will hold your order for another $20 or more ransom fee before you get it out of their greedy little hands.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

brucer

I placed my first Tayda order on December 28 and another since then.  The December order shipped January 2 and arrived January 14.  The other is still in transit.  I was banking on 3-5 weeks.  FWIW, I'm in a small town in the interior of British Columbia.

It seems a bit sketchy that you haven't received a December 12 shipment.   Have you logged back onto Tayda and tried tracking your order?

GrindCustoms

By experience so far... getting stuff shipped to CAN using DHL, you're not supposed to have any duty fees. We have an economical agreement with China.

Most of the stuff i get from China is now delivered by DHL and no hidden fees have made surface. And that with things with a value over 300$....
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

chromesphere

Ive found over the last few months orders from tayda have been slow (coming to Australia).  Not sure they are sending out those "your order has shipped" emails anymore either?  Probably just the time of year, or maybe they are having issues keeping up with demand, idk, but they have definitely slowed down for me.  An additional 1 - 2 weeks atleast.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube