News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Field Dressed Mudbunny

Started by selfdestroyer, January 10, 2014, 06:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I left open the carcass and made it accessible to change.  This is far from being my idea and its nothing new since a few members here have the exact same thing. I have been wanting to build one for some time since my breadboard BMP just doesn't stay in one piece to long. I love Brian's layout on the fabricated boards and its perfect for SIP sockets since 80% of the components are perfectly spaced.

Thanks to Timbo for the Mudbunny boards. (Grabbed them from him since we live in the same city or else they would be from Brian directly)
I used solid copper wire for the pot pads so I can alligator clip on to them.
I used shielded mini coax for the input (thanks for the ground pad next to the input pad Brian).

Time to populate it.. thinking of starting with a Green Russian and then start tinkering from there.
Thoughts?

eldanko

This is a fantastic idea. Perhaps take notes on each iteration of the Muff that you go through and share with us later?
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

billstein

Quote from: eldanko on January 10, 2014, 06:48:25 AM
This is a fantastic idea. Perhaps take notes on each iteration of the Muff that you go through and share with us later?
+1

selfdestroyer

Quote from: eldanko on January 10, 2014, 06:48:25 AM

My intentions exactly. I really want to learn more about the circuit and figured this is the best way to do it. The BMP is the first effect pedal I ever owned in the mid 90's and I still have them on my board today. I simply love them.

I will be using Juansolo's page a lot for reference and will be working on my own tweaks and will definitely share them.

juansolo

We did this (though we weren't quite so thorough!) and came up with the TSM680. Great fun. It's just so tolerant a circuit and so easy to tweak. Remember Duncan's Tone Stack Calculator is your friend and there are articles on the web about what various parts of the muff do and how you can change them for different effects.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

rullywowr

That is such a great idea!  Love it!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

slimtriggers

This is a great idea!  Very cool  8)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: juansolo on January 10, 2014, 09:08:14 AM
We did this (though we weren't quite so thorough!) and came up with the TSM680. Great fun. It's just so tolerant a circuit and so easy to tweak. Remember Duncan's Tone Stack Calculator is your friend and there are articles on the web about what various parts of the muff do and how you can change them for different effects.

Thanks Juansolo for the information, this will help greatly.

Cody