News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Well the party is over...

Started by madbean, January 02, 2014, 12:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Amazon finally starts collecting sales tax on Tennessee customers. It was fun while it lasted. I just wish they would put all the tax collected straight into the school system, but of course that won't happen.

rullywowr

They did the same here in Connecticut. Still love Amazon prime though.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

gtr2

They've been doing it in PA for the last year.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

billstein

Been at least a year, maybe two here in California.

das234

derevaun

I haven't minded the sales tax here in WA, because I'm satisfied with Amazon's workplace standards within the state. I do hold off on many Amazon purchases because I am dubious about their workplace conditions in other states. Personally, I'd look closely at their whole, actual economic impact in any state they operate in.

bcalla

They've been collecting in Massachusetts for a few months.  I try not to use Amazon for things that can be purchased from local retailers, but there aren't many of those in any category.  You can't find a decent selection of books, CDs (yup, I'm old school), DVDs locally any more.  And most local locations for consumer electronics are national chains.

I'm the same way with music products.  I'll buy small things from MF, Sweetwater, etc., but anything big I'll go to a locally owned music store.  I bought a Strat in January at a small guitar shop.  It probably cost me $100 more than on line - or even Guitar Center - but it felt good to support a family business.