News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mini Muggy Hugger

Started by G.G., December 29, 2013, 03:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

Hey Guys,
Here's a Madbean Bloviator II I built up for my brother for his birthday. He plays bass so I wanted to make a little preamp for him. I build up a Sadowsky that Sabro had on his site, and also a couple of the Bajaman Musicman preamps but they just didn't work out for several reasons. I didn't realize how tight this was actually going to be and had to flip the board over to get it to fit which had to unfortunate effect of flip-flopping the tone control labels (glare covers it up in the pic). Still works great though and he was pretty happy with it, said it sounds great with his Big Muff. I also did the volume pot mod and it worked great. Have to admit 1590A's are still not really my thing though.   ;D

jimilee

That looks great. I really love my bloviator, in fact it's an always on pedals for me. You knw what else sounds great for bass, a green russian muff. Also any phaser you can build along with a cave dweller or a deprofundis. I too am a bass player btw.  8)
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

I love how the wires are colour-coordinated with the paint :)

(And doppelgangers go well with everything...)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

billstein

Nice build. Still haven't got the courage to try a 1590A. Much respect to all you who do.

pickdropper

Quote from: alanp on December 29, 2013, 06:25:06 AM
I love how the wires are colour-coordinated with the paint :)

(And doppelgangers go well with everything...)

I noticed that, too.  Nice touch.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper